Richmond Day 7


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Nelson Region
December 7th 2022
Published: February 17th 2023
Edit Blog Post

We’ll be on the road again tomorrow so decided to have a quiet day today. This morning we popped back to the Eyebright Country Store to buy a few more Christmas decorations. An added bonus was spotting the perfect Christmas gift for Kerry. We can’t imagine how we missed it on our last visit to the store, but then, perhaps, they put more stock out since we were in last week?

Since we were in the area we returned to Old Factory Corner to buy some avocados at Conning’s Food Market. There was left over roast chicken in the fridge so we needed the avos to be able to make toasted chicken, avocado and cheese sandwiches for lunch. Yum!

We took Robin and Sandra out to dinner at Aki Kitchen (Japanese) restaurant to thank them for their hospitality this week. We have had such a wonderful time catching up with our old friends. We may not have seen them since February 2020, but it seems like only yesterday. It is fabulous having friends that you know so well that when you get back together it seems like you’ve never been apart.

Stuffed full from our bento boxes it
The 2022 winners of the Trans-Tasman Bolivia AshesThe 2022 winners of the Trans-Tasman Bolivia AshesThe 2022 winners of the Trans-Tasman Bolivia Ashes

Congratulations to Robin and Sandra!
was time for the serious business of deciding who would win the Bolivia Ashes. At seven games apiece the contest was on a knife’s edge! The first game went to Australia making it the first time that Bernie and I had held the lead since play commenced. We should have declared then!?! The second game went to New Zealand, which left the contest tied again. There was nothing for it, but to play a decider.

So, after eight days and 17 games of intense competition the 2022 Clash for the Ashes has been played and won … by New Zealand 9-8. Having held the trophy through the ‘COVID years’ we can’t really begrudge Robin and Sandra the opportunity to hold the ashes … for a little while at least. Hopefully it will not be 2+ years before the next Trans Tasman challenge is played.



Steps for the day: 4,261 (2.93km)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0385s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb