Richmond Day 3


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Nelson Region
December 3rd 2022
Published: December 4th 2022
Edit Blog Post

This morning the weather was perfect for taking the boat out to fish. Robin knocked on our bedroom door about 6.00am to let Bernie know that the fishing trip was on. Sandra and I stayed in bed until a much more civilized hour for a Saturday! After breakfast we headed into Nelson for the Nelson Saturday Market.

Sandra and I enjoyed browsing around the market stalls without husbands asking ‘Are we done yet?’ The market had the usual mix of produce and handcrafts. There were some stunning handcrafted timber items but, with baggage limits in mind, I managed to restrict myself to some handmade cards and a pair of earrings.

After lunch the afternoon was spent processing snapper! Robin filleted and do-boned then Sandra weighed the fish and popped it into bags that I put through the vacuum packer and sealer. The bag limit of 20 snapper was caught this morning so it was a very successful fishing trip! Three of the larger fish were given away to neighbours and friends. After reserving about 600 grams of fish for tonight’s dinner we bagged just over seven and a half kilos of snapper for the freezer!

We played Jo before dinner again tonight. Robin’s luck continued with another win to him. After a delicious dinner of snapper that was freshly caught less than 12 hours earlier it was time for a couple of rounds of Bolivia. With one game apiece tonight New Zealand still leads the Aussies five games to three.



Steps for the day: 7,646 (5.01km)


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.506s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 35; qc: 127; dbt: 0.2468s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb