mountains, mountains everywhere


Advertisement
Published: August 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

me and Lucy arive in mount cook after a long drive and one night stop over at lake tekapo.

this was a nice little hostel beside the lake which had a piano and guitar, woo i was able to play a guitar for the first time in ages. even if it was freezing outside.

the next morning we got up and continued our journey up to Mount Cook. on the dirve up we stopped and desided to do a small walk, this turned out to be more fun then first expected. we found a lake, The blue lake to be completely honest. but its wasn't blue it was white.....the whole lake was completely frozen over. it was so thick we could walk on it...carefully though....the very edges kept breaking but when you got further over the lake it was fun except when you hear the sound of cracking coming from all around.

after this we drove the rest of the journey up to our accomodation for the night. we got to the hostel, which is situated in the middle of mountians so nearly anywhere you look you can just see snow topped mountains.

we looked around for a little while but planned to see the most of it the next day. we decided to get up and "try" to watch the sun rise over the mountains. this did not work as planned. The first bad point to this...getting up early....the next bad point we didnt really take the mountains into consideration. Which would have meant waiting until the sun was just coming over the top of one of the mountains....this would have meant waiting for ages so in the end we decided after waiting for about 40 minutes to just go and drive all the way to our next destination. I had fun filming the mountains humming the lord of the rins theme though....


stay tuned for more of Ians great NZ adventures......

Advertisement



11th August 2006

Fantastic
Great photos Ian, your journal is getting better and better, I like your wit! continue to have fun........but sadly time is running out....... make the most of it ENJOY take care of each other. love lucys mumx

Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0731s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb