3 weeks on the farm


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Methven
October 24th 2008
Published: October 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello ladies and gentleman, boys a girls
Found a internet cafe in Methven (the little town close to me) and decided to update you all.
Just returned from Christchurch where a bunch of women :-) and my swedish friend hans and I went the the semi final game of the Air New Zealand Cup and saw Canterberry and Hawkes Bay square off, was a really good match and was pretty close right up to the end but Canterberry (the crowd fav) scored a quick two trys and finished them off.
Now it gets interesting...
After the game in true new zealand/canadian fashion we went out to celebrate, went back to the hostel and finished off any straglers (beers) that survived the road trip into the city. Then walked right downtown and started hitting the bars, now i should tell you that its me, hans and about 8 women in our group. So of course the creepers at the bars are coming out to hit on them, of course my wingman Hans (soon to be ex-wingman) leaves and somehow ends up back at the hostel, then one girl want to go back so I have to walk her back which was interesting! Slowly we start moving from bar to bar and we find this one place called the Concrete Club....which sounds like fun right?...listen very carefully DONT GO THERE!!
The place is in a basement and very very dark and loud music pumping through the speakers, so dark someone could have been abducting right beside you and you would never notice, the crowd there also had a pre-stabbing incident feel to it so we left, New Bar. Of course one girl forgets her coat in the dungeon so I accompany her back, so its me 6' 3'' burly canadian guy and 5 foot nothing dwarf Charlotte from England on our own trying to find the new bar the rest of the lot went to. Came across a group of young buggers who looked like they were gonna fight this other group and OF COURSE these are the people that Charlotte HAS to ask for directions, so im standing there looking over these two guys who are about to square off and one of them turns to me and asks why the other one is so angry? Now the other guy thinks im friends with this guy and wants to get me in on action (dont worry mother I didnt do anything!) FINALLY Charlotte comes back with some proper directions and we are on our way. We got to the bar safe and sound and the rest of the night was fun, just thought I would go into detail on that little part.
Work is just chugging along, this past week have spent the majority of the time sitting in the tractor rolling, cultivating and rolling some more, just finished seeding kale in 4 paddocks and am waiting for the weather to warm up for "swedes" he calls them which are a type or turnip looking thing that he grazes the ewes on.
Gota go now, got a party happening back at the slanty shanty motel (my house) tonight and hitting the road somewhere this long weekend!!
Later
Garett
Pics are eventually coming

Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0357s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb