East coast of South Island


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Lake Tekapo
June 6th 2007
Published: August 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

steep streetsteep streetsteep street

shows how interesting I found Duneden, that the only photos i have are a steep street.
jesus christ, this travel blog stuff takes a lot of time! Gonna cut out the rants, its costing me a fortune and I think I´m talking complete bollocks.

So after Queenstown, and a few days of partying it was back on the magical magic bus to be magiced up the east coast. First stop Dunedin, then lake Tekapo, then back to christchurch.

Quick thoughts:

Dunedin, is a student town and can be a blast. After 4 nights in Queenstown, i couldnt even face the brewery tour of Speights! Thats a sign. It was easily the coldest place in NZ so far. As I was finding with my lightspeed trip of NZ, arriving here at 2ish, with 3 hrs more light and leaving the next morning at 7.30ish, you cant really get a feel for a place! Other than its baltic!

Quick stop at Moeraki boulders, en route to Lake Tekapo. These are the ball shaped boulders that are scattered over the beach!

Arrived at Tekapo, at 3.30ish. Yep another mad dash before sunset! Beautiful place and worth a stop off. Not a lot to do unless you like walks and lakes. Its freezing so would be better in the Summer. Highlight of the day was probably our bus driver reversing the bus onto a car!

Great hostel though with open fire to rival my dads. NOT the YHA! Highlight of the night was communal feed, a bottle of vino and a game of shithead. Oh the same things in life.

As per the form, outta here 7.30, Christchurch bound!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0634s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb