The Poo Party


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Lake Mahinapuha
September 11th 2007
Published: October 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Nelson - Westport - Mahinapua


Poo PartyPoo PartyPoo Party

Everyone
Tuesday 11th October
Boo Hoo, I feel ill today. Combination of alcohol and curry for tea I think. We are off to Westport today. We stopped at Richmond to pick up a picnic lunch, then on to Nelson Lakes National Park. The views of Lake Rotoiti were stunning. We went for walk for over an hour through the bush, then it was picnic lunch and off to Westport. Tonight was a lazy on for me. Everyone was drinking, but I decided to have a day off after the last couple of nights. Plus I knew the next night was going to be a big one, it was the famous Kiwi Experience fancy dress party!

Wednesday 12th October
Okay, so today we are off to Mahinapua (Maa-he-naa-poo-a) where we have our fancy dress party (nick named poo party because of the name of the place) and we were told first thing that our theme was super heroes. Now this doesn’t strictly mean you have to be an authentic super hero as you will find out. On the way we stopped first at Cape Foulwind and Tauranga Bay, where we took a short walk and saw seal colonies. This is also New Zealand’s closest point to Australia, but there is no point looking into the distance, because you can’t see it. Next stop is Greymouth were we go shopping in the charity shops for our fancy dress outfits and Bods the bus driver shops for food. He has to prepare some of the food tonight along with our host, who we have yet to meet.

We arrive at the Mahinapua Hotel around 4pm and we met our host Uncle Les, by all accounts this guy is a bit of a legend and at 80 ish years old and still running the pub which is over run pretty much every night by a rowdy Kiwi bus, I’d have to agree. Then it was off to sort out our costumes. Now because we are all on tight budgets, like I said a lot of our super heroes weren’t strictly super heroes, because we didn’t want to spend a fortune on clothes. I went as super school girl, Becky as Super Chav, Stu as Super Gran, Sean as Mario, with another guy Greg as Luigi and Sam as superman, but only because he already had a Superman thong, I dread to think why. It was a totally amazing night and one I won’t forget in a hurry. It was probably the first time the whole bus mixed and at this point there where about 30 people on the bus, so it made for a really fun night and a very late night.

The next day everyone was a little delicate, but no one seemed to care because it was such good fun and everyone was in the same situation.



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Poo PartyPoo Party
Poo Party

Mario (Sean) & Luigi (Greg)
Poo PartyPoo Party
Poo Party

Super Chavs, Nicole & Becky
Poo PartyPoo Party
Poo Party

Super school girl (Me) Superman (Sam)
Poo PartyPoo Party
Poo Party

Mr Incredible (Karl) Superman (Sam) Jack Sparrow (Nathan)
Poo PartyPoo Party
Poo Party

Super Kiwi, Super baby (Kate) Super Gran (Kate)
Poo PartyPoo Party
Poo Party

Super Chavs baby being fed!!!!
Poo PartyPoo Party
Poo Party

Me & Sean.....check out his tash, if fell off that many times I think it is now on upside down!!!


Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0613s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb