Sealife galore


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Kaikoura
July 10th 2006
Published: July 11th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Kaikora, is renouned for one of the best areas in the World for Marine life.

In view of this, we did a Whale watching tour........ As we have seen most other sealife creatures, this is the only one remaining....

The trip was fantastic.....we got to see 3 different sperm whales..... You don't see too much of their body, but enough to see the 17 metres of length..... then the classic dip, and the tail shot...... A one of moment.

On the way back, we went through a pod of 200 dusky dolphins, who were the most playful, show-off dolphins we have ever seen, all swimming around the boat, loving the attention, doing flips, turns, you name it...... the only downside they were too quick to get any good pictures.....plenty of movie clips though for memories sake.....

Also, we past a colony of resident seals, and their pups.....so so cute, and really playful and tame to humans...... A perfect end to our South ISland adventure. 4 weeks, and as we extended to 6 weeks, just 2 weeks to do the North Island........


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Young pup....Young pup....
Young pup....

Sussing me out......


Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0469s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb