Leaving New Friends


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Kaikoura
February 27th 2009
Published: March 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

The day had come to leave Kate and Mike behind, our new best buddies, in Christchurch as Em and I were making our way back up to Kaikoura just for the night before getting the ferry across to the North Island. We were both really excited about seeing the contrast between the North Island and South Island and going to some proper cities!
We left at 7:15 from Christchurch, stopping once for a coffee break- we felt like old timers on the bus as nearly everyone was just starting off so it was quite good to give them some advice. We arrived in Kaikoura at lunch time at the nicest hostel called Top Spot overlooking the bay. Unfortunately it wasn't a very nice day but Em and I decided not to do any of the activities but to do the coastal walk to the Seal Colony. We only saw 3 seals but we managed to get quite close (safely) as if you wake them up sometimes they can charge at you- watching them waddle along the rocks you don't believe it, but apparently they can move quite quickly and have sharp claws! After that we headed into the town to do some food shopping as we were detoxing after Queenstown and trying to save some money after eating too many fergburgers- well worth it though!!
After a relaxing afternoon reading our books on the deck and a nice meal we watched TV with our new bus mates- lots of them were girls so we had a girlie night in watching American Idol!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0394s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb