Hanmer Springs!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Hanmer Springs
October 10th 2008
Published: October 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

On Thursday, Janet from work and I took off for Hanmer Springs for the day. It was absolutely perfect weather, blue sky and warm sun. The drive up was pleasant, about an hour and a half of winding roads and pastures full of sheep. It's springtime now so there were lots of little lambs. I felt like such a tourist, getting all worked up at seeing a field full of sheep. Definitely took too many pictures of sheep along the way!

Hanmer Springs is a pretty small town, very cute and quaint. We grabbed some lunch at a little cafe and enjoyed our food out on the patio, along with the company of several small birds. After lunch we wandered up through some of the little lanes and checked out some of the shops. Later we headed to the thermal pools. It was really pretty, little pools in clusters with rocks (some of which were definitely fake). The only problem I have with hot springs is that smell of rotten eggs which can kind of be ignored after a little while. It was nice to just chill in the pools, get a little tan, relax.

On the way home we decided to stop at a few wineries. We stopped at Mudd House, tasted some wines, flirted with the wine guy and bought a bottle of pinot gris. Up the road we stopped at Pegasus. The building and gardens were absolutely gorgeous. It seriously seemed like something out of a painting. Definitely a great day!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.029s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 5; ; mem: 1.1mb