Misleading signs...


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Fox Glacier
November 14th 2011
Published: November 20th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Well then, we arrived in Fox in fine form to go and see the Fox Glacier. We drove first to the lookout point, which seemed to be lacking a real lookout, oh, and wait, yeah, a bathroom. Unfortunately I had been counting on this and despite running around for 20 minutes deeper into the woods looking for it, I couldn't find it. The unfortunate Kiwi or tourist will find a terrible surprise if they wander off the beaten bath. We did eventually find a bathroom after I waddled around for another 20 minutes up the road to a different car park (it was a huge relief).

We saw the Fox glacier with the sun shining, but when we reached the car the clouds had become thick so we drove back to the beach. After eating dinner we decided to go for a late night walk from Gillespie's Beach to Galway Beach where there was a so called seal colony. We walked in the pouring rain for 3 hours one way, and strangely enough saw no seals. The walk was really fun though and we were thoroughly soaked by the time we made it back to the car and slept like babies.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.173s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1111s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb