Dunedin continued...


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Dunedin
November 24th 2011
Published: November 30th 2011
Edit Blog Post

I was rudely cut off by the computer. Anyways while we were on the Otago checking things out we first went to see a special albatross center. It is theonly area in the world where you can see albatross on the main land and they were pretty amazing. We stood outside the fortified nesting area (I'm not kidding. They had electric fences specifically placed to zap humans or anything else that got funny ideas. We also didn't want to pay $50 dollars to bypass this small problem) and got lucky and had them fly over our heads. They were pretty spectacular. Then we drove over to the Lanarch Castle. A very wealthy gentleman built himself a rediculous house in the early 1900s. The house was beautiful (he brought in specialists and supplies from all over the world) and there were gardens around it, which were also very neat. We then went to see the seal lions and penguins down at Sandfly Beach. WE GOT TO SEE OUR OWN PENGUIN. We waiting in a hide out for a while with a bunch of other people, but lack any real patience, and went down to the beach to walk back and one just happened to get out of the water at this very moment. It was very special.



The next day in Dunedin we walked around and enjoyed a major city (100,00+). We went into some interesting shops and then left town to go check out Mt. Cook.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0341s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb