Dunedin (8 Dec 2010)


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Dunedin
February 10th 2011
Published: February 15th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday 8th December 2010 (Queenstown – Dunedin)

After very little sleep, we joined the 'Bottom bus' with driver Jamie. It was a long drive today to Dunedin, with just a few stops where we saw a dam just past Cromwell which was used to create hydro electric power. and a short lunch stop where we had the best toasties (ever!). Joanne had cheese & tomato with pineapple which actually tasted really great - a bit like a pizza, and she was hooked.

After Lunch we stopped for a cheap scoop of ice-cream, which in reality was the biggest ice-cream we've ever seen, then our driver had to put his foot down as most of the bus wanted to do a tour of the Cadburys factory, but they close for there last tour really early - he had assumed we'd all want to do the Beer factory tour but it appeared we were all chocoholics rather than alcoholics!

The Cadbury's factory tour was good fun but very sickening (who would have though the constant smell of chocolate would get too much!). After a short film we donned our hair nets (as we were entering production areas) left our cameras and bags in lockers and were led around by a lady who quizzed us for questions and gave chocolate to the first to answer to keep us involved - Of course, Joanne was the overall winner, what chance did anyone else have when free chocolate was involved?!?

A quick walk around town and pricey dinner at a pub/restaurant called 'Craft' with fantastic seared tuna and lamb hotpot finished the day off nicely - Yum!



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 53; dbt: 0.1114s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb