3-14 Dunedin


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Dunedin
March 21st 2008
Published: March 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

We drove from Invercargill to Dunedin today. Dunedin is a beautiful College Town (University of Otago). It has a large medical school. It was a beautiful drive through the Catlins. We stopped at the little town of Milton to visit Richard (Sylvia’ son). He is a nice guy who has been flooded out twice in the last 4 years.
Unfortunately everything sort of caught up with Juanita. She was totally exhausted. Then she started to have a physical and emotional melt down from the busy travel schedule and Frontal Temporal Dementia (FTD). So we decided to come home as soon as possible. Unfortunately we could not have been much further from Auckland and still be in New Zealand. We would have to drive to Christchurch (350K), stay over- night and then drive to the Ferry in Piction (300K). We were able to change the Ferry schedule and motel reservations and took off for Christchurch in the morning. Juanita was emotionally a lot better in the morning but still physically exhausted. Of course it was Friday night and the students were partying most of the night. It was a very long night.

I only took a couple of pictures in Dunedin but this one is pretty typical of the old University Buildings.

Kiwi word for the word for the day is Pokies. This is the Kiwi word for slot machines.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.056s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb