The Big Day has arrived ...


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Christchurch
February 23rd 2015
Published: February 23rd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Feb 13. Pre match party, well we have had a pretty spectacular thunderstorm for well over an hour, (apparently you can get all 4 seasons in a day in Melbourne so all the Ozzie's tell you). We get a taxi to the pub and I dash in when we get there, but Keith is stopped on the door due to his thongs, we have to be out by 9. (dress code). it was just a meeting place for the English, but it was very noisey so was glad to be leaving at 9 it had stopped raining so we walk home thongs and all.

Well the day has finally arrived, the day that started the whole trip, 14 Feb and its Australia v England in the cricket world cup and I'm really not feeling well! I think it was the humidity of yesterday and not drinking enough, and I'm in the situation of I need to take tablets, eat but then again I'm going to be sick, don't think about it and carry on. We catch the tram to the MCG a d have arrived early soaking up the atmosphere which h was strange really, have eaten and taken tablets and so far haven't departed with either. What great seats we've got and within catching distance, both teams are on the out field warming up, the crowd is gathering and 4 hard Ozzie supporters come and sit next to me, at this point we seam to be surrounded by Ozzie supporters, the game is underway and the barmy army strike up, what a sound and they did not stop, we joined in with them, yes even Keith it was great and real fun waving your shoe in the air it was a real great day not the result we wanted but great fun. 85,336 people in the stadium and we were 2 of them, have got to get out, but its amazing how everybody just seams to vanish there's no queue at the tram station, but when the tram arrives you are packed in, tighter than sardines and all Ozzie's with one ripping it out of the English so for the next 30 mins we were Oz!! A fantastic day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0395s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb