New Zealand- Aotearoa


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Christchurch
January 14th 2015
Published: January 14th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Kia ora - Hi ;]



Greetings from South Island, the most magical place ever!

After a 3 months n a half trip, I can say that we have proudly experienced New Zealand at its best and delighted with it all!

New Zealand is all about trekking, cycling, kayaking, bungy jumping, skydiving and all sorts of adventure sports- so be prepared to leave your high heels behind !

Buying a campervan was an absolute necessity for us- but it wasnt easy I have to say- Auckland was full of scams- but we managed to buy one, along 2 kayaks and two mountain bikes- might as well be equipped! New Zealand is not cheap - a half day kayak at Milford sound might cost you 200 bucks- at least !

North Island is reaaally nice if you have the time-Rotorua is worth a visit but the Tongariro Alpine Crossing next to Taupo was phenomenal !! It was the best trek ever! The scenery change is so drammatic- it will leave you breathless ;] - and its only a one day trek !

The great walks were in general not as great to me- personally I think they are a bit overrated and overpriced!

For instance, Key Summit -which is a side trip on the Routeburn track in South Island - had amaaazing views, easily accessible with a 3 hr return trip from the divide carpark, which to me was the best part of the track anyway !

And if you have not booked the Milford track- because probably its fully booked nyway ;p, an absolutely fantastic trek was the Gertrude Valley track, which starts in the valley, up through rock and ice to a magnificent view of Milford Sound in the distance! Must do!

Driving along Milford Road is absolutely stunning but Kayaking in Milford sound was absolutelyyy beautiful ;] - to say the least!

Kayaking in Abel Tasman offered more interaction with marine life- we saw several dolphins on our way, and numerous seals on Tonga Island- too cute ;] - and also a ray on the beach just as we arrived at our camping site ;]

Scenic routes are worth driving- especially the one from Wanaka to Queenstown!

I have never seen a country as beautiful as new zealand; a country which I would live in ;]

A trip being one with nature- a trip not to be forgotten- a trip to be cherished for a very long time ;]





Until the next one





Ka kite anō

;]











So off we went with the kayaks in every lake, river and stream we saw


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0379s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb