New Zealand Rocks!!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Christchurch
November 3rd 2011
Published: November 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Sorry I've not managed to do an update for a while, been working and not had great access to the internet, plus when I do it's not exactly cheap! Anyway done a couple of Helpx projecs in Coromandel Peninsula which is awesome, the views are absolutely stunning both the landscape and the seascape, unfortunately didn't get to see any Orca's which are known to appear frequently but did get involved in some conservation work, baiting possum traps! - they are a real serious pest here, unlike in Oz where they protect them!? and chopping down ginger which grows like a weed and again is a serious problem. My next stop was just inland from Whakatane where I pruned some fruit trees, did general gardening and for the first time in years went riding, thanks Kelly. Whilst I was there we heard that there was a pigmy sperm whale beached further up the coast but they managed to get him back in the water so hopefully that is where he stayed! Taken loads of photos but having problems downloading them so my next blog may just be photos if I can find somewhere to do it. Granted after a while they all start to look the same but the landscape here is just awesome. Currently in Christchurch which is bizarre as in you can drive around certain areas for an hour and not know there were any earthquakes - 3 so far - then you can drive around the centre and other areas and see damage everywhere, They have recently shipped in a large crane from England to help with the demolition - it's huge! Lots of blank lots already where buildings have already been taken down and lots more to come down. It's going to be a huge task to rebuild.

Anyway got to sign off as my time here in the library has run out. Talk to you later!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0474s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb