Cloudy Day


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Christchurch
October 15th 2011
Published: October 15th 2011
Edit Blog Post

It's snowingIt's snowingIt's snowing

View from Coach on the way to Mt Cook
Early night following the antics of the previous one!
The coach was picking us up from the hotel so no chance of missing this one. We were heading for Christchurch via Mount Cook on a 'Great Sights Scenic Tour' A spectacular journey into the heart of the Southern Alps according to the brochure. Well they forgot to mention that if it was cloudy you couldn't see a boody thing! So what we ended up with is a 10 hour coach trip (with stops) where not one mountain was seen.
Actually, is wasn't that bad. The scenery was still pretty special but the weather did mean that our planned scenic flight over the mountains and glaciers was cancelled - again.
We arrived in Christchurch and before being dropped off at our hotel we travelled through the earthquake affected area. Quite a sobering journey to see the devastation still evident. It was also weird too to see houses destroyed and yet next door seemingly untouched. I sincerely hope they can recover ok.
Tomorrow it's another early start as we fly back to Auckland for the semi finals.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Lake TekapoLake Tekapo
Lake Tekapo

Cloudy Day!
Lake PukakiLake Pukaki
Lake Pukaki

Turquoise blue


Tot: 0.206s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1327s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb