Day 21: Signing off


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Christchurch
April 3rd 2011
Published: April 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Day 21 - Sunday the 3rd of April

This is it.....the end!

We have done it. We have circumnavigated the South Island in 21 days!

So much fun a camper holiday can be! The “slap a Camper” game has kept us amused for hours, especially on those long drives.

Emptying the camper’s toilet and waste and filling with water became daily chores and we don’t think we’ll ever travel again without noticing the dump station signs along the side of the road.

We definitely have a new found respect for camper drivers and will never be impatient or toot at one again. They are big and heavy on the road and not the easiest things to be behind a wheel of, especially when you run out of gas and lose power of these beasts, like we did! Hehe!

The only things we missed out on that we would have liked to have seen or done:

Baldwin Street – Dunedin (The world’s steepest street)
Abel Tasman – Kayaking around the beautiful waters
Driven the Southern Scenic route during daylight
Doubtful Sound
Arthurs Pass

However we did see some amazing things and our favourites would have to be:

Lyell – What a hidden treasure we awoke to in the DOC site
Lake Tekapo – The colour of the water is just out of this world
Queenstown – Tourist attraction, we know. But so beautiful and fun!
Stewart Island/Ulva Island – the best places to see endangered birdlife in their natural surroundings.

We have had the most amazing honeymoon any newly married couple could ever ask for. We have spent 3 whole weeks, 21 entire days at each other’s side. If we didn’t completely love each other before, we most definitely do now. Returning to reality is not going to be fun! The only thing we can look forward to is settling in to married life oh and planning the next holiday of corse. That’s what we do, we travel. The next break is our 14 day cruise around the pacific islands, only 11 months to go!

Signing off....finishing our final blog in the Air NZ boarding lounge!





Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0376s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb