Auckland to Christchurch, NZ


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Christchurch
October 12th 2010
Published: December 12th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Christchurch New Zealand


out the window....out the window....out the window....

Kaikoura Range, South Island NZ
Aboard JetStar to Christchurch, by way over the west coast of the N Island and over the Kaikoura Range, headed to the very cool and Green (enviromentaly) Hotel So in Christchurch, NZ, just a block or so from Catherdral Square. Hadnt been here in 2 plus years, the recent earthquake damage was obvious all over the city, with aftershocks a daily occurance, felt a 4.0 while in the shower! Took the Red bus out to New Brighton (the beach and pier) thinking about a surf session the next day but onshore and cold! ..and the waves sucked! a bit of jet lag so slept early and hung out in the botanical gardens and huge Hagley park the next day---early spring and everything in bloom--took it all in as this would be the last trees and grass and warm weather I would see for a long time....!



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

spring flowers..spring flowers..
spring flowers..

Christchurch, NZ, the botanical gardens in Hagley Park, one of largest city parks in the world.
Cathedral Square, ChristchurchCathedral Square, Christchurch
Cathedral Square, Christchurch

good place to chill and hang out , Christchurch is a great city!
Avon RiverAvon River
Avon River

The Avon River winds through downtown and Hagley Park, its Spring south of the equator, and luckily so, as this would be the last greenery Id see for months...!
Museum Museum
Museum

Christchurch is the gateway to the Antarctic continent, so public forums and exhibits about the Ice are always of interest here, 'The Great Alone' how true it seems to those who've been there!
Antarctic CentreAntarctic Centre
Antarctic Centre

For those who cant come to Antarctica, it comes to them! The Antarctic Centre, Christchurch. Across from our headquarters is the 'tourisism' arm of the Antarctic programs. Come and be a penguin for a day!


Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 63; dbt: 0.1195s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb