Our Last Country!!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Christchurch
November 30th 2005
Published: November 30th 2005
Edit Blog Post

We've arrived in our last country (New Zealand) of our around the world travels, making it number 13. We're in Christchurch and the moment and will be travelling around the south island for a couple of weeks and then up to the north island for a little over a week. There are tons of adventure activities to do, so we'll see what happens.

For our last bit of time in Melbourne we stayed at Nat's (my friend from college) parents house for the weekend. On our way out there the train was delayed and we had to take a bus instead of the train for 4 stops because someone had jumped out of the tain and had been killed. We saw the body bag as we drove by on the bus...what an aweful sight! Apprarently this is the second time this week that has happened.

Nat's parents live sort of in the country near the ocean, it's a very nice area. We also found out that there are quite a few Huntsman spiders that have also made this place their home. Huntsman spiders look quite similar to tarantala's and are a type of Daddy long legs. They've named one Blacky. Sooo needless to say I was on high alert and checking out all ceilings and dark areas. The creepiest part is, Nat said they like to settle in clothes and wet towels...could you imagine the shock of finding one of those things in your pants!

We also did some wine tasting in the area around Nat's parents house. Then we went to Nat's place in Bon Beach which is about a half hour outside Melbourne. We got a chance to go to the Melbourne Observatory which is 250m and gives and excellent view of the city. (By the way, my bungi jump was a 216m fall....nearly the same size as a tall skyscraper!! I swear, i'm not crazy).

Justin's uploaded 25 new pictures and we'll try to get more up soon.

Beth and Justin

Advertisement



Tot: 0.233s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0348s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb