Christchurch - Day 26


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Christchurch
April 2nd 2007
Published: April 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Blue PenguinsBlue PenguinsBlue Penguins

The Antarctic center has a penguin rescue program and the blue penguins are so cute!
This is our last night in New Zealand. We can't believe how fast our time has gone by. New Zealand is such a beautiful country and there is still sooooo much that we didn't see. Guess we are just going to have to come back!! On our last day here we checked out the Antarctic Center which is a joint collaboration between the U.S., Italy, and NZ. Christchurch is where the majority of missions and supply runs depart from headed to the cold continent. There were some pretty cool attractions at the center - an arctic storm chamber, a penguin rescue habitat and an exciting ride on the Haaglund (Swedish made all terrain amphibian vehicle they use in the Antarctic). We got to experiece it all and felt like kids again!
Good bye to the Kiwis and hello to the Aussies - land of all things deadly here we come!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

The Haaglund Ride The Haaglund Ride
The Haaglund Ride

The ride was a little more bumpy than we anticipated!


5th April 2007

so beautiful!
ok is it weird that I am sad you are leaving New Zealand? hhaha I loved all your photos and entries..everything is so beautiful and fun! Have a safe trip to Australia! Can't wait to hear about your adventures there!
12th April 2007

Headed to the Office - You?
Pat and Mooles - I read your journal every time you post. You are living in a dream world with no amenities. SO JEALOUS! Can't wait to see all the pics. Have a great safe time. I look forward to your adventures. Love, Spo

Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0523s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb