Recap - Melbourne and Christchurch


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Christchurch
January 3rd 2007
Published: January 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello All

We thought we would try and get up to date with a few new postings as we have been falling behind somewhat!

We havent told you about our last couple of days in Melbourne. On 29th we had booked the neighbours tour, including star meeting! We didnt meet Dr Karl or Janae Timmins but did meet another Timmins, Kim the Dad, who is one of those characters who is in and out of the programme. He was a very nice chap actually and told us a few stories about the show.

A trip to Erinsborough high and Pin Oak Close (AKA Ramsey St) completed the tour. Cheesy but fun.

On the day we left Melbourne we had all day to explore as our flight out was in the evening. This meant a trip to the botanical gardens and a spot of shopping. The gardens were lovely and we had lovely hot day for our last day in Australia.

Christchurch greeted us with a cold slap in the chops. So a tour of the city by bus and a visit to the art gallery were in order.

Dinner at Minx, with a life sized Hillman Minx airfix model, Tabs mum and a friendly waitress (Trainee Accountant, having doubts about career choice!) before fireworks, bands and a scottish piper in the Cathedral Square to see in the new year!)

Thats the recap, next installment Mt Cook.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0598s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb