Do the Hokey Pokey


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Banks Peninsula
April 19th 2009
Published: April 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Bit cloudy this morning but me and Maria went off to Bank's Peninsula and Akaroa, which is a little bump sticking out into the sea with great views on the way.

First we went to central Christchurch and the buildings are really cool! Saw the old uni buildings which are now the Arts Centre and there were lots of stalls and entertainers and stuff on the streets. Saw the Cathedral and Cathedral Square and the big bunch of flowers and walked past the Botanic Gardens and the punting on the River Avon.

Then off to Akaroa as the sun came out! Hurrah! Oh and we went to see the Basillica first - they have a lot in New Zealand - I passed a couple while I was driving - like being in Rome or something! We ate fisha nd chips at Akaroa and the famous Hokey Pokey ice-cream!

We went to Maria's parents for dinner and they cooked at lovely Roast lamb dinner! Hurrah!!! We also tried some different NZ beers to see which was the best... think I decided on DB??

Checked out the prices for postage from NZ and Aus back to the UK - twice the price of paying excess baggage so looks like I am stuck carrying my heavy stuff around... Booo! Ate more Hokey Pokey ice-cream - Hurrah!!

Back for an earlyish night.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0373s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb