Banks Peninsula


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Banks Peninsula
April 21st 2007
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

On the 21st we decided to go for an all day walk, to see the scenery of Banks Peninsula from a birds perspective. We climbed all the way to the summit of the rocky bluff 807m up (almost vertical the whole way!). Unfortunately, when we got to the top, the fog was so thick we couldn't see anything! It momentarily cleared, in order for us to see the Pacific Ocean and part of nearby Akaroa harbour. We also got lost in the forest nearby which was a complete disaster as there was no flat. It was all either steep up or steep down (steep up most of the way back!). The walk took 6 hours in total and having done the Santa Cruz trek and the Inca Trail, neither of us could understand why we were hurting so badly!

The next day we spent cleaning our campervan, ready to hand it back. It took almost 5 hours to clean the whole thing (mostly inside needed to be cleaned), only for the inspector guy not to look inside at all! It felt like the end of a chapter of our travels. We've had a brilliant time with the van, and despite a few hiccups, wouldn't change a thing!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0224s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb