Hiking on New Zealands South Island


Advertisement
Published: April 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

KiwiKiwiKiwi

The kiwis are big and dangerous!
Hi from David, Christie and Natalie again. We finished our travels on the South Island of New Zealand which included hiking the Abel Tasman Coastal Track, the Routeburn Track and the Togaririo Crossing on the north island. We had a great time and thnk New Zealand is a spectacular country with something for everyone.

We returned to Whangaparoa to pick up Paris and he reluctantly left school to continue our travels together. We flew from Auckland to Tahiti, spent 9 days on the island of Morea, and then flew to Easter Island. After a short stay on the tiny "belly button of the world" we flew to Santiago, Chile.

Paris has started his journal up again, so the following entries are his.

4/17/06

About a month ago I went to a school in New Zealand called Orewa College. I made a lot of freinds there. Some were suicidal Goths, some were pot-addicts, some were nerds, some were rugby players, and some were gamblers. The school was really easy because I already knew most of the material. In my first class, two of the pot-addicts were always late to class but they didn´t seem to care. In class
Waikato RiverWaikato RiverWaikato River

One big rapid.
you could choose to listen or not.

I stayed at the Howie's house while I was going to school. They live in a town called Whangaparoa. The Howie's, Angela and David, have two children, Nancy and Anna. David is from New Zealand and Angela is from the Dominican Republic. While staying with the Howie´s we went to jazz concerts, played ping pong alot, went to movies and I learned to boogie board correctly. I forgot to mention that the Howie´s have a cat called Max that liked to climb the screens. Oh, and also I had to sleep in a closet on the floor!


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Abel Tasman TrackAbel Tasman Track
Abel Tasman Track

Staring a 3 day coastal hike.
Getting ReadyGetting Ready
Getting Ready

We had to cross tidal flats at low tide.
Photo 3Photo 3
Photo 3

Rock that looks like a kiwi.
Photo 1Photo 1
Photo 1

Another 3 day hike with huts.
Fox GlacierFox Glacier
Fox Glacier

This amazing glacier starts high in the mountains and ends in a coastal rain forest.
Cows Coming HomeCows Coming Home
Cows Coming Home

We got to see a state of the art dairy.
Cow CarouselCow Carousel
Cow Carousel

The cows love the circular rotating milking platform.


22nd April 2006

manly man
What an attractive manly man Paris has become! Enjoying the blog immensely .........
22nd April 2006

This submitting comments never seems to work but I'll try again. I love getting your blogs and seeing all the places you've been. What an experience. Also great to see Paris grow up on the blogs. Much love to you all...
25th April 2006

b-e-a-utiful
Wow, words cannot describe how jealous I am! That is so incredible, and from the pictures it looks absolutley amazing. Paris looks so different now (which is to be expected; I haven't seen you all in so long!) Miss you, and hope we can get together when you get back :) Love, Val(entina)

Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 67; dbt: 0.0642s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb