Abel Tasman National Park


Advertisement
Published: March 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Having made some really lovely new friends on the Kiwi bus, we decided to go to Abel Tasman National Park for the day. We caught a bus early in the morning and then boarded a water taxi which took us to a northern beach in the National Park. On the way we saw lots of seals and their pups.

Once dropped off on the beach we had 4 hours to walk back to a more southerly beach where the water taxi would pick us up later. We had a few games of volleyball on the beach and then started our walk. None of us really knew what to expect from this national park, but it had so many hidden surprises. We'd be walking along in a bit of a jungle and then suddenly an opening would reveal the most beautiful beach, the place was spectacular. The walk was pretty challenging but it was totally worth it.

The next day we started driving down the west coast of the Southern Island. We stopped and had lunch at a beautiful lake. This was only the start of the amazing landscape the south island had to offer. I also went on another horseriding trek, mainly to get the chance to see some of the landscaep on horseback.

That night we stayed in a place called Westport. We went to the local pub for drinks and ended up having a lock in, and I got to serve drinks....think I would make a great barmaid.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

The groupThe group
The group

Left to right Steph,Robbie,Ben,Teoh,Stuart,Kirsty, Lyndy,Fiona,John
The girls about the cross a pretty scary bridgeThe girls about the cross a pretty scary bridge
The girls about the cross a pretty scary bridge

which the boys were rocking...not funny!


Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0373s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb