Abel Tasman


Advertisement
Published: November 25th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Abel Tasman to Barrytown


The bay where we got dropped offThe bay where we got dropped offThe bay where we got dropped off

And the boat sailing away...
Saturday 19th August 2006
We were all booked in for a morning sailing trip around the bays of Abel Tasman. With the weather looking very miserable I wasn't very enthusiastic. We all climbed aboard an inflatable boat on a trailer, towed by a tractor. The tractor drove into the eastury until the bota was afloat and we were taken out to meet the catermeran nearby.

We met our 'skipper' who looked like he had a heavy night on the beers/pot/pills, had slept on the boat and wasn't too happy to see us. He really couldn't be arsed! After motoring out to a few bays he set up the sails, with beerly enough wind to make any headway. He didn't tell us anything about the area or the boat. That and the fact it was cold and wet, meant for it had to be endured rather than enjoyed.

The best bit was when we were dropped off for a nice walk back to the farm. I stopped off at a carving workshop on the way back. There were some really interesting and beautiful pieces - the highlight of my morning!

When we all got back the bus took us on to Barrytown and got to the pub/lodging just in time to get a pint in and watch the All Blacks.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

The 'split rock'The 'split rock'
The 'split rock'

Which ou skipper told us was one of the set pieces from Lord of the Rings - made of concrete... A load of bollocks by the way!


25th November 2006

great ass
not you the curly ass dude ;)

Tot: 0.322s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 17; qc: 76; dbt: 0.1825s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb