New Zealand and spontaneous adventuring.


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island
April 28th 2010
Published: November 8th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Wow. What an amazing thing. I arrived in New Zealand two days ago. I spent the first tow days staying at the 4-star Sky Hotel and Casino. I somehow ended up in the Executive Suite Rm 505. I was not disappointed. But, staying at a hotel like that, while comforting, gave me no sense of freedom or adventure. Today, I rented a car and struck out on my own. Driving on the opposite side of the road, I drove six hours (lost twice) to a small town called "Wanganui" (not how it is pronounced by the locals). At first, I was a little trepidatious. The old guy running the BP gas station was borderline creepy. But, I took a chance and followed his advice into what appears to be a charming old down town district. I had dinner at a very charming, locally owned and operated restaurant and was referred by the proprietor across the street to some equally charming rooms above the local pub. The rooms are adequate, clean, and nice (if a little expensive considering), but will certainly do for the night. Again, amazing! I've been in this small town for two hours and I've seen no less than 4 beautiful young women. I swear they grow on trees here. New Zealand is an untapped resource!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0553s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb