First Stop - Aukland


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island
August 3rd 2011
Published: August 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Well, our little stop over in Aukland has been a real surprise! We are staying at the Aukland City Oaks, which as it turns out is right nearby the Aukland City Mission-Shane has somewhere to sleep if he gets on the booze LOL. Not really - they upgraded us to a 2 bedroom self contained apartment, so we have our own rooms!! AND we have taken full advantage of them haha.
Had a walk around the city yesterday and went to the Ice Bar just before lunch. Its about
-7 in there and they rug you up in a bit warm coat and you just sit in a giant ice box and drink. Shane suggested we come back a little later as it was a bit early for a drink- was he kidding himself perhaps? Had him doing a Jagermeister shot within 15 mins!!


Took the plunge and did the Sky Walk at the Sky Tower. Its 192m up, and you're attached to a harness, and you walk around the circumference of the Sky Tower - ever so tentatively to begin with of course :-) Fabulous views of the city and the outer areas from here.
Headed out on
Aukland 2011 008Aukland 2011 008Aukland 2011 008

There's no time like the present ay Bro!!!
a boat today to Devonport and Mission Bay to have a look around at some of the more affluent areas. Aukland City itself has alot of homeless people and its a bit grungy. The uni is close by, and you could easily be forgiven for thinking you were in Malaysia here.
Have had a nice relaxing time here-just what we needed to get ready for whats to come.
Heading off from here tomorrow to Papeete to catch our connecting flight to Rapa Nui (Easter Island).




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



3rd August 2011

Good To Hear
Hi Guys SO pleased to hear all going well, Well so far LOL. Cant wait for the next installment. All take care.
3rd August 2011
Aukland 2 2011 034

Hey Guys
Looks like you are having a wonderful time although you can keep the skywalk, not my cuppa tea, stay safe, love you both much times...............

Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0325s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb