the unexpected stop! and hola chica y chicos!!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island
August 11th 2008
Published: August 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

- after changing a few flights i was able to stop in new zealand for just under 2 weeks. i flew in to auckland and got myself on to the next flight to wellington, for less than than the overnight bus, to meet up with C.K, one of the guys i´d travelled with in thailand. C.K runs the bar in the base hostel there and he let me crash on his couch for almost a week. wellington is a really cool city, though it was a trifle cold when i was there. i spent the week checking out the sites, getting in the freezing new zealand water to surf and getting lots of drinks given to me by c.k. wellington its self would be a awesome place to live, as its a city but doesnt feel like it, plus u get to walk through on of the oldest cricket grounds to get in to the city centre!!

- with a bout 5 days to get to auckland i thought i´d better see what else the north island had to offer and spent a night in town called taupo, with a mental waterfall and huge lake. i then went up to roturua, the funkiest smelling town in the world. with a load of hot springs its stinks of rotting eggs at times and 100m from one of the hostels theres a park with bubbling mud pools and springs! after roturua i spent couple of nights in auckland which is new zealands only "big city", there wasnt so much to see but the parties were pretty good!

- that was my whistle stop tour of new zealand, although it was brief, new zealand was awesome and i´ll definately go back some time. the people are so chilled, even more so than the aussies, the senery is spectacular and its alot of fun! unfortuantely i lost my camera in a taxi whislt i was there so i dont have any pictures.

-from auckland i flew to south america, which is where i am now. i´ve been to chile, argentina, uruaguay and bolivia so far with only peru left before i fly home!! SAm is amazing and feels like ur proper backpacking, probably due to my spanish being pretty limited!! i´ll hopefully get some photos of bolivia up soon but it might take me awhile to get the photos off one of the irish guys i was travelling the south with. and i think today i might actually buy myself a new camera then i wont have to be scabby and keep stealing everyone elses pictures!! :D

hope everyones well back home and it wont be too long till i´ll be back, a month at most!! ciao as the SAm say (even though its italian, whats all that about!!)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0364s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb