well ing ton


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wellington
July 24th 2006
Published: August 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Wellington, town of many things. where Peter jackson lives (sort of) and where i stayed for a couple of days.

so yes Wellington, New Zealands capital.

our first night in the Wellington region we stayed at a nice little place called Raumati beach in the house of a Mr Phil Caton. whom i was able to meet via a teacher. *Thanks cathy 😊 *
He was great and let us stay in his house for three nights over all. but we did give him a break with one night staying in wellington.

Now it was strange wellington being New Zealands capital but it is quite small. in the main centre you could walk from one end to the other in about 15-20 minutes.

One of the first things me and Lucy decided to do while in Wellington was for two cinema trips, One to see the Film A scanner Darkly in the embassy cinema where they had the premier for Return of the king, and where they have the largest screen in the southern hemaspher (Yes thats a spelling mistake and you know what...i really dont care)

We then went and watched Pirates of the Caribbean 2 in seats which could recline, and get food brought into us when we wanted. it was like i had died and gone to cinema heaven....too bad Lucy was there then :P It makes the Odeon look like a big crap hole....if that were any more possible.


We went to the Te Papa museum twice, one day to go to the lord of the rings exibiton which was fantastic, learn loads about the films and seeing things from the sets and clothes. inculding the miniture of Minus tirth 😊 i loved it and really want to watch the films again. Then the next day we went around the other parts of the museum.


we had an early ferry to catch to get to Picton so we had an early night. and it turned out the ferry journey was better then i thought it would be. it was hard to walk when we got into the open sea but other then that it wasn't too bad.

coming up next time on Ians blog......the south island......whale watching......and much much more....stay tuned


Advertisement



6th August 2006

How comes!
Reading both journals and comments......how can her bro again be first when you are THERE ! the mind boggles !brill journal keep it up, have fun, love lucys mum x
13th August 2006

ever onward...
hey glad u met up wiv Phil ok....a good guy eh? and u r learning stuff about films on ur trip too ;) enjoy the rest of the journey...........

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb