Grant and Rae's NZ Trip


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wellington
January 13th 2012
Published: January 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Botanic Gardens in Wellington.....Botanic Gardens in Wellington.....Botanic Gardens in Wellington.....

.....purple hydrangea with the NZ national "fern" emblem onthe tree behind.
Hi,me again. Didn't make it quite to Mt Victoria lookout - Tongariro must have taken its toll!

Still extremely windy but ..........sunny. Should be an interesting crossing tomorrow. Looks form here as if the South Island is getting the brunt of the weather!

Also visited the Te Papa national musueum - very impressive! Even had an earthquake simulator. As ever with these things,it was a case of information overload.............adding significantly to the list of things that I've learned and forgotten during this holiday!

Next blog will be from the South Island..................if I'm sober enough after the anticpated wine tasting in Blenheim tomorrow afternoon!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

The Beehive, the modern......The Beehive, the modern......
The Beehive, the modern......

....Parliament building,just for Francis!
Nicholson Harbour.......Nicholson Harbour.......
Nicholson Harbour.......

.......the stormy weather in the distance.
Oriental Bay..............Oriental Bay..............
Oriental Bay..............

...........again with weather across the water,taken from halfway up the walk to Mt Victoria lookout.
My favorite tree........My favorite tree........
My favorite tree........

.......the pohutukawa with my favorite (only!) wife with a smidgeon of Wellington in the background.


13th January 2012

Enjoying your comments!!
Safe crossing today and happy drinking. Got 3 wedding venue viewings on Sunday :-) x x x

Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0451s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb