Wellington, crossing the Cook Strait and Nelson


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wellington
March 26th 2009
Published: March 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hi,

I only stopped a couple of nights in Wellington and only had one full day there so I just spent it wandering around and seeing the sights. I caught the tram up a big hill to get some good views of the city and went to the te papa museum and did a few other things but Wellington's not much to write home about (like most other cities in this part of the world)! So after Wellington I caught the inter-island ferry to Nelson at the top of the south island. Nelson's a really nice place and I walked up another hill to the centre point of New Zealand and the views were amazing! And that evening was St.Patrick's day so we got a half price guiness in the hostel bar and then went to this bar that were giving us 4 pints and a shot for less than 15 dollars or 5 quid. Insanely cheap and we had a really good night - and then I had to get up the next morning to travel to Westport and join a new bus full of people, who are just as cool as the last lot and there's even a group of guys who are my age and have finished university and so aren't 18-19.


Additional photos below
Photos: 45, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.018s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb