New Zealand


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wellington
October 16th 2008
Published: November 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Although we weren’t properly hungover (the joys of drinking during the day is you sleep off your hangover through the night!) we still felt the need for some serious junk food so headed into town to find something bad to eat. Burger King came first so that won our vote and by the time we‘d finished our burger and fries we felt much better.

On our way out of Napier we headed past the vineyards again as there was one wine that I wished we’d bought the day before but didn’t. I was pleased that Matt had taken note of where we’d been as I’d have had no hope of finding it again!

The journey down to Wellington was quite a long one and we only stopped a couple of times for a quick walk around some small towns. At a place called Greytown we’d heard there was an excellent French patisserie but when we arrived it was closed so we went to the deli across the road instead. Inspired by the wine tasting platter, which we’d eaten yesterday, we ended up spending a fortune on olives, sundried tomatoes, pesto and breads, but at least we’ve got a proper feast to eat with our wine when we open our first bottle.

It was about 6pm when we finally arrived in Wellington and we didn’t really feel like doing anything much. Plus the weather was terrible, so we got ourselves hooked up and settled in for the night.

We called up the Lane family (Clive, Lynette, Isabel and Abigail), who we’d met at the Nanuya resort in Fiji, to see if they were around tomorrow evening so that we could pop by for a coffee. They invited us to stay in their driveway the night. Although they didn’t think they’d be in when we arrived from the ferry they insisted on leaving a key for us and asked us to come and make ourselves at home. We were really touched by how friendly they were and were really pleased we’d given them a call.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.238s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1779s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb