Cut Short


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wellington
December 5th 2005
Published: December 5th 2005
Edit Blog Post



Well sorry about that last one. I was cut off by my lovely girlfriend who called and surprised me. It was a great call and I wouldnt take it back.

We left off on our way to Peter Jacksons house. Just in case you dont know who that is, he made all the lord of the rings and the upcoming king kong.

So we were driving along the coast, passing some nice houses and Tony said "theres his house". We all laughed because we though he was joking. Head over to dans blog for pics of it. It was a normal small house! Not even close to being flashy. We were amazed that somebody with that much money wouldnt have a bigger house. We then went to WETA digital which is the effects house that did lord of the rings. We were expecting to see a huge movie studio and what we saw was the exact opposite. It was a fairly large building with nothing on the outside except a little sign that said "WETA digital". We later found out that it was just an old paint factory that joined to the existing warehouse there. New Zealand is very modest when it comes to film making. Later on in the day, we went to Mount Victoria, where they filmed the scene "Get off the road!". You can really understand why peter chose this place for middle earth. After dinner we also got a view of the harbour where the boat for king kong was filmed. Very close to this was a gravel quarry where the dunharrow scenes were filmed. No you can understand why people say he made lord of the rings in his own backyard.

Today was a different story. We got up and wanted to do a walk around a place called Red Rock. We got a different view of said rock. When we arrived, there was a little 4x4 with a small pudgy boy sitting in it. He was only 16 and his name was Ollie. So Andy, Dan, Katherine, Ollie and I went down this path. We didnt realize until it was too late, that this guy was EXTREME. We were bouncing all around and I hit my head several times. We got to a place called to devils gate which was a steep incline, and he wanted to attempt to climb it. We filmed it and on the second try, he made it. Too extreme for us. We went on a little further, turned back and stopped for lunch at this little creek. Very peaceful lunch. Katherine then drove us to the zoo where we spent the rest of our day. Yes, that is right, we spent 5 full hours at a zoo and had fun. The highlights were petting the heads of giraffes (Thats right, I said heads), playing tug of war with the baboons, entrances and exits by the chimps, dancing craps by the otters, and ostrich's peeing buckets. The tug of war was insane and dan got treatened by some of the big guys. We bused home, made some dinner and here we are.

That was a fat blog. But it just shows you how packed a day can be.
Now the day of rest...and the AND1 mixed tape tour. More to follow.

Peace
Mike

Advertisement



5th December 2005

does your "lovely girlfriend" have a name, or is she just an object?
5th December 2005

Lovely girlfriend
And by "lovely girlfriend" I mean Ashley.
19th December 2005

I miss you.
Christmas is soon. As in 6 days away now...and this house is getting lonelier by the day. I miss you, so much. Gahhh...

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.051s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb