We have completed the North Island


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wellington
November 29th 2005
Published: November 29th 2005
Edit Blog Post


So that's it!

This blog is done.

Just kidding.

There is so much more that we have not seen and the north was just the beggining. We have been to several different cities and have finally made our way as far south on the north island as we can, Wellington. It is a really nice city and its not too big. It reminds me of the east coast of Canada if you have been there, but the accent is definately easier to understand compared to the people from Newfoundland. We have decided to stay here for a while just to rest. Believe it or not, this trip has been kinda stressful. We have had many problems with weather and hostels. Napier is a perfect example.

We were planning to go to Napier and Hastings for a while, maybe even a week. We only stayed one night. We left Taupo in a hurry and as we drove to Napier, the weather got worse and worse. They usually do not get weather that bad, but of course, we got it. We arrived in Napier and it was cold and wet. We walked to the first hostel and got the last three beds. You may think this is a blessing but its not. We dropped off our bags and walked around the tiny hostel. A girl from P.E.I. warned us not to go there but we went out of spite (big mistake). We realized this hostel was horrible and we wanted to look around for other places. We went to every one and either they were full or the owners gave us attitude. Everyone in Napier seemed to give off this weird vibe and it may have been because of the weather. We didnt really care and just wanted to leave. We booked out tickets to Hastings the same day a few hours later (10 min. before the bus station closed). We ran back to hostel, dan talked to lady (who was crazy) into giving us our money back, and we booted it back to the bus station. We arrived in hastings feeling better. We went to the first hostel and they were of course full. The owner was extremely nice and called every single hostel in town for us. We found the very last place which would accept backpackers and made our way over there. It was 30 per person, which is a lot but we took it anyway. We were soaking wet and cold and it seemed like we slept forever. We decided to get out of there and run straight to Wellington which is 4.5 hours away. That is where we are, and it is probably where we will stay for a while. We havent stayed in any place for more than 3 days and will most likely be here longer. And the small bonus of having free internet doesnt hurt either.

Dont work too hard (for all of your in school)
See you all soon
Mike

Advertisement



30th November 2005

Stress? Stress?!?! Pffft...
Stress on this trip? Pfft. You dont know what stress is hahaha kidding, thats what you always tell me so I thought I'd give you a taste of your own medicine. Glad to hear you boys have decided to slow it down a little bit. Might be good to have a little rest. Home misses you. (By the way, cleaned your room yesterday...eww, disgusting. And you say I'M a slob?! haha)

Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0394s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb