Day 12 - Picton to Wellington


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wellington
November 26th 2007
Published: November 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Playing CardsPlaying CardsPlaying Cards

We played cards the entire trip... the boat rocked a bit, but the table had lips.
We've passed the half way point in our trip. Today was dedicated to crossing from Picton on the South Island to Wellington on the North. We took some time in the morning to view some scenery around Picton and then heady for vehicle check-in at 12:15 at the Ferry terminal. After parking the car we haded upstairs to the veiw deck (Deck 8) and proceeded to waste several hours playing cards while the ferry sailed across the channel. The view was great and the water not too rough. After trying to walk across the floor Anne decided that it was best to stay seated though while in the middle of the channel.

Upon arriving in Wellington we immediatle tryed to find the Rental company...again. Our latest rental car seems to have issues with a belt of some kind. the problem seemed minor in Christchurch but worsened when we drove the car onto (and off) the ferry. Ace has been nice enough to stay open late tomorrow so we can exchange it for another after our Lord of the Rings tour.

That's right...tomorrow is the big LOTR tour. An all day exploration of the sites in and around wellington made
In the holdIn the holdIn the hold

Waiting in our car for the rest of the cars to get moving... Of course, we were all the way in the back and about last off.
famous by Peter Jackson and the movies. We even get our own elf ears for the trip...stay tuned for pictures though I doubt we'll get Chris into a pair 😊.

Tonight we ate at a resturant called The Flying Burrito Brothers. It was pretty good for being WAY south of the border. The pitcher of Margaritas helped too.

Our motel tonight has a great view of the city. Wellington seems to be a fusion of Berkeley and Manhattan in style and environment.

Tomorrow after the LOTR tour we're off to Hawks Bay to visit the town of Napier (for Tony) and do some wine tasting on Wednesday.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Hotel ViewHotel View
Hotel View

One of the Views from our hotel. We have a nice view of the entire city, but are still easy walking to the "culture" of Cuba Street!!!
Hamster Meets (baby) HeiferHamster Meets (baby) Heifer
Hamster Meets (baby) Heifer

OH NOOOOO... don't eat me... oh a lick.. well, ok... he he he That tickles!!


Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0542s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb