here in windy wellington the capital of newe zealand


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wellington
March 31st 2007
Published: March 31st 2007
Edit Blog Post

hey there guys this is laura here writing.
I think i that i have emailed most of you guys to say that due to a situation out here i am cutting my trip short and that i will be coming home prob around the 6-9th april. it is a long and complicated story and i shall tell you all when i get back home. i have been loving working and living here in wellington i have been working here at The Ministry of Justice and if i was not giong home i would be employed there full time. They were offereing me more money than back and my job would be upgraded to being the judges personal assistant. The only problem is the money issue it aint that good.

To be honest the idea of working with criminals more does not sound that appealing the job i do at the mo is much more front line and so on a daily basis i meet the guys who assault women, children and those who have done some horrible crimes which turn my stomach i can tell yer!! All i can say is that i am so so happy that i have 5 security guards who if i press the duress button come in seconds. like yesterday i had a guy who i swear was like the age of 60 wearing a straw hat and a feather in back came up to me and asked for details in how to create a brothel here in wellington. Had the cheek to turn around to me and be like if you ever short of money here is my card. i was like hell no just cos i am british and the kiwis think we are easy doesnt meant that this girl is. my temper already pretty short at the mo and i had to bit my tongue not to really put him in his place. he was just so so sleazy i called security cos he was not leaving. apart from episodes like that life at the ministry is good laugh i work with some great people and even the judges who to begin with intimidated me are nice ppl think they like the fact i am british girl. work ethic is not so stressed as it is back home and it is quite laid back which is nice.

in many ways am looking forward to gettin home so that i can have some home cooked food make sure my mum takes it easy after her hospital visit. i am a hell of a lot more focused in what i want to do with my life which is great and i expect you guys like thank god laura hehe.i dont feel like i am missing out on stuff by not going to asia i have been before and och it will be there for a few more years lol. sorry for no photos being put up for this blog entry but there aint any good ones at the mo of me and today i am walking around to get photos of the area. i thought that i would let you guys know how things kinda are i ll explain more so when i get back but i am on good form there are always knocks in life and it makes u a stronger person hehe. but all i can say is that i am not traveling again any time soon.
all my love and hugs i ll be seeing you all again
laura xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0214s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1019.7kb