DAY 30 WELLINGTON


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wellington
March 2nd 2023
Published: March 2nd 2023
Edit Blog Post


How the day out began ... waiting for bus 52 or 57 0r 58 to Wellington Central.
We took the bus into Wellington Central early, watching Wellingtonians ‘go to work’. As it was well before opening time for the Te Papa Museum, we scurried about visiting areas we had not seen before. The wind was picking up!

Even though we tried to do the museum justice by spending 3 hours learning, thoroughly enjoying and being ‘moved’ by the fascinating displays and information we knew we still had only scratched the surface. Te Papa is full of the treasures and unique stories of Aotearoa New Zealand from Maori and Pacific culture, to art and the natural environment. Level 3, Blood Earth Fire, was my favourite. We began at level 6 and worked our way to level 3, with 2 and 1 still to go, however, we were out-on-our-feet. When Jane said she was tired, I knew it was time to get off our legs. Exiting the museum, we were hit with the famous Wellington wind. It may have been asleep yesterday; however, it was now in full force. To a quay side eatery we headed and slowly partook in a late lunch before ambling off to a final Wellington coffee and small sweet.

Jane was asleep within

How the day returning ended ... a coffee and small treat.
minutes of returning to our van. Final day tomorrow will consist of making sure all is in order with the motorhome before dropping it off and being transported to our accommodation very close to the airport for a very early rise and take-off the following morning. We have had a ball.


Additional photos below
Photos: 39, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



The symbol for a safe swimming harbour.


Jane is the "I" in Wellington.


Wellington Central Library.


Circa Theatre.


View from Level 6 of Te Papa Museum


View from level 3 of Te Papa Museum.


Wellington Wind has the flags blowing strongly.


Recommended by a special person ... had to find and visit.


The message ... when I see her.
20230302_14020420230302_140204
20230302_140204

Two strong women meet.


Beautiful metal sculpture.


Entrance to Te Papa Museum.


"She's Talking to the Wall" by Kate Newby 2021




Art in Colours


The "deals" brokered.


Weaving using strapping that is the same as seat belt material. Nothing special ... until you take a photograph with your flash on ... see the results following taken from different positions.



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0556s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb