Capital Scheme


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wellington
January 27th 2018
Published: January 30th 2018
Edit Blog Post

I am sitting in Wellington airport lounge trying to catch up on my blog. I apologise if I am not up to date but it is very difficult to keep up with events as catering for the C. O.'s every need can be time consuming.



The pods are packed and loaded into the beast. We said our fond farewells to Brian and Lynda Tasker and thanked them profusely for putting up with us and their terrific hospitality and hoped that we have an opportunity to reciprocate should they travel to the U. K. again.

The beast purred along highway 2 eating up the kilometres. The C.O. was relieved of speed controller duty as she delegated this to the satnav. We stopped for a coffee in Phaiatua which was rather scruffy and hosted some rather scruffy people. We should have waited as we shortly passed through Mount Bruce which won the prettiest town in N. Z. In 2017 and looked much more inviting. I admitted my failure to the C.O. who graciously accepted my apology. We were soon approaching Wellington and the beast needed feeding. We scanned the road for a petrol station on our side of the road that had morphed into a 3 lane dual carriageway. We reached the centre of Wellington and at this time the C.O. was once more at the controls and in charge. The only petrol station was across the road and the C.O. made a management decision not to cut across 3 lanes of city traffic to it and return the car with the fuel tank half empty. That's why she is paid the big bucks.

We booked into the QT hotel that was quite quirky but central, friendly and comfortable. We found the Tourist Information Centre and got enough information to start our sightseeing sorties tomorrow. We stumbled across a good Italian restaurant for our evening meal and we were well satisfied.

Advertisement



30th January 2018

Sounds like you have been having fun........and marginally better weather than we are having! Minus 2 when I went to golf on Saturday. Dib the Burns Supper there on Sat night - very good as usual! Te Papa certainly worth a visit - liked the ‘quake simulator. You doing South Island now? Aoraki/Mt. Cook was my favorite spot in NZ. You be up for a DSM soon!
30th January 2018

Comment for Grant
Hi Grant Thanks for your comment. My blogs are a bit behind actuality. We have moved on to my Melbourne ( arrived yesterday evening) and visiting my daughter here. We are not doing S. Island this time as this is our 3rd N.Z. visit and we have visited most of S. Island apart from Stewart Island. Spent yesterday morning at Te Papa having previously visited for the Gallipolli exhibition - very impressed.

Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0188s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1018.6kb