Our journey through New Zealand. Day 2


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wellington » Eastbourne
February 1st 2013
Published: February 1st 2013
Edit Blog Post

After the brilliant first day we decided to do something different, we headed out on an hike across the countryside of New Zealand. We started of the day by taking a bus to a little countrysidevillage named Wikahudua. During the busride we took a fast breakfast because of the lack of time. When we got there were just in time to embark upon our epic journey in the beautiful New Zealand nature at daybreak. The trip was well planned by a local travelagency so we were prepared and equipped for whatever mothernature would throw at us.

The first day´s milestone was to reach a campsite far up in the mountains. On the way there we stumbled across the most beautiful views as walked past ravines and valleys. Decorated with the most extraordinary waterfalls and settings. Around nightfall we reached our destined campsite, the plan was to sleep there for one night and then march on. As soon as we got there we set up a campfire and started preparing dinner. The smell of food must have attracted some sort of wildlife, because of the faint noises coming from all arouund us. We even spotted a bear at distance, the travelagent varned us about them but it would be okay as long as we kept our distance.

The dinner consisted of a basic steak with some rice, utterly boring but we got what we needed. With all that said the dinner was still enjoyable, because of the beautiful view we had from the campsite as the sun was setting. The evening was uneventfull and we quickly went to bed.

Over and out.

-Karl Wallström

-Niklas Sundberg

Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 18; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0283s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb