Wellington at last


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Wellington » Eastbourne
March 5th 2012
Published: March 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

I felt like we had to earn our bed in Wellington tonight.

After waking at the crack of dawn (again), Amelia went off happily with Lyra and Julie to a dance class they do every Monday. This gave us (me, Alex and Samuel) an opportunity to do lots of sight-seeing, walking and generally squeezing as much in as possible before lunch time.

So we did exactly that, and the photos below probably describe better what we did, than my boring ramblings.

What they don't show is how bludy knackered I was!!!

We got back at lunch time and got a taxi to the airport. Samuel hadn't been sick for about 30 hours so we were feeling optimistic that that little chapter was over. A short hop over the ditch, and we would be in the comfort of Nana and Poppa's house.

So here's my next bit of advice! Never be complacent about the short flights! Just because you've mastered the long haul, doesn't mean the little ones can't turn to shit in a matter of minutes!

Samuel did us proud by puking all over a flight attendant and Alex (who didn't have a change of clothes for this mere 3 hour flight). Amelia whinged all the way and fell asleep just before landing. We had to wake her up to get off the plane (grumpy grumpy); and carry them both through passsport control, baggage collection and biosecurity. We literally fell into the arms of Jill and Alastair in Wellington, but on the car journey home - the last small hop to our final destination - as if someone was saying "don't ever try this again!" - Amelia threw up all over the car.

Joy oh joy.

Now I felt terrible. We have pushed these poor children enough.

For the next few days, we vowed, they will come first...


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0196s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb