It's been a while...


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Waikato » Putaruru
March 16th 2013
Published: March 16th 2013
Edit Blog Post

So it has been quite some time since I started and subsequently stopped blogging our adventures in Texas. We have been home to NZ and back again and are now awaiting the delayed arrival of papers for visas and our next return. But first perhaps I should give a quick rundown of the last year or so since writing....I survived and as it turns out, enjoyed our first trip to Dalhart Texas. Met some great people, experienced some great adventures and pretty much grew up a whole lot! Bought two caddilacs, drove one across America and shipped em home to NZ.

2012 we returned to work another few months then spent a week in London with family, week in Wales and Frodsham, England with friends followed by three glorious weeks in South France. The three days spent in Paris for my birthday we won't mention and needs to be repeated at a later date as I was sick the entire visit! We returned home to start a new business, and popped over the ditch to Melbourne for the birth of our very first grandchild!

Home again to Nelson for the big set-up for Christmas (25 trees this year), then pack up the house and head back to Melbourne then Texas.

Two days ago we returned from Melbourne, our gorgeous grandson, and kids. Had a great time with them despite my day in hospital thanks to waking one morning in excruciating pain. After several hours of the pain not relenting, darling husband and son took me to the hospital. After 5-6 more hours of pain and morphine I am embarrassed to admit that i managed to finally pass the worlds most tiniest kidney stone! An experience I hope NEVER to repeat or wish on anyone!

We now wait back in NZ for papers for our work visas. Were due to fly out in two days but have encountered the unfortunate setback of changing our tickets and waiting......

....will endevour to keep up better this year with enlightening those whose wish to know our adventures and whereabouts.

Lynn xoxo

Advertisement



Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0545s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb