Taupo and tangoriro


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Taupo
April 30th 2007
Published: April 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

after rotorua we headed down to lake taupo, another massive lake but much more beautiful than rotorua!on a clear day which was most of the days we were there at the far end pf the lake you could see mount rhapaeu which had a snow covering on top so looked pretty cool!
on the way we stopped at hukka falls, a massive water fall! i have never seen so much rushing water in my life! was clear blue aswell!
we also stopped at craters of the moon! a walkway around the edge of an area where the pressure under the ground has become so great that it blows holes in the ground and steam pours out of them!

on our first day in taupo george did his skydive! i was tempted but thought i'd rather see out my trip than crash into the groud from 15000ft! but he mad eit down safely and said it was amazing up there! i'll take his word for it i think!

in the evening we went to the local ac baths, which are really hot swimming pools! they are pretty nice and also means we can get a shower haha!

after a few days at taupo vix went on back to auckland and me and geogre headed ion down to tangoriro. a massive national park on the way to wellington! the tongariro park is at the foot of mount rhapeau so is really beautiful around there! aparently one of the walks there is the best one day walk innew zealand but we didnt really have the right gear so decided against it!
instead we did a 6km walk to taranaki falls, a bit water fall through the middle of a gorge created by the lava from when the volcano erupted! was pretty cool! it was a nice day aswell so had some great views!

later in the day we travelled down to wellington. it was a long drive but very scenice through the mountaind and the hills! we finally fouind all the sheep!!
we spend a day in wellington today and are crossing over tos outh island on the ferry later tonight! time is flying!

hope you are all well! not long until we can grace you with our presence now! haha
x x x

Advertisement



3rd May 2007

the time has flown by
can't believe you are nearing the end of your travels, you have had such an amazing time. Great seeing all your photos, you are just making us all so jealous.

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0626s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb