Taupo free day


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Taupo
February 27th 2007
Published: March 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Awoken by people in my room preparing for the tongariro crossing (5:50am) Took one look at Damien who looked at me as if to say "coming?" Waved my hand to suggest no chance in hell, and rolled over back to sleep.

Awoken again, but this time a little more sober and hangover starting to kick in, by the hostel cafe music starting up outside our door (room was located on ground floor next door to hostel cafe).

Brad myself and Henrick remenised about the night before. One story that had us in histericks envolved a girl who was dancing on her own on one of the tables and doing some quite good pole dancing. Myself and Brad at the time looked at each other and decided she was rather good and had great legs (but she still had quite a strange build). Turns out she was dude. Anyways Brad told us the story of how he ended up this strange Canadian chick who thankfully for him, wasnt a dude.

11:30 Henrick, Brad and I went looking for food (fryup brunch) but fell apon an all you can eat pizza hut lunch. Perfect hangover food.

The others went to crash while I went to spend a couple of hours on the internet.

Did laundary and by the time Id finished the others had returned from the trek. Turns out it was really good and they got to see mt doom (suddenly felt guilty for having drunken so much last night). But after seeing Adams photos felt slightly better as the landscape was very similar to what Id seen in Bolivia.

Henrick, Brad, Stewart and I went to get some dinner (chinese takeaway - this is turning out to be a really unhealthy part of the trip) and ate it in the park.

Taupo is a great little town, nice little centre with lots of swish bars and cafes. Has a bit of a surf vibe going dispite the fact its located on a hugh lake.

Out again to the Irish Pub for the pub quiz. Took a while to get going but when it did I was on fire. Or more accuratly a lot of the questions that came up Id heard before or luckily fell into areas of expertise (Formula one). At one point quiz master stated I should probably be on my own as my other team members were of little help. But this quickley changed to "my god mate you need to get out more".
Lots of cheap drinks in the Irish bar. You were able to make them cheaper by challenging the bar staff to paper scissors stone to get a dollar off your pint (proper english pint too).

Later went to Holy Cow bar/club again and got a stamp on the for head to get extra cheap drinks. Much busyer this time, really good laugh. At one point Adam was dancing with the transexual that me and brad had seen the night before, so we had to tell me.

Got to bed late



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.033s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0165s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb