Christmas Time and the End of Another year.


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Taupo
December 22nd 2017
Published: December 23rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

To every one that follows my Blog. Christmas is upon us. So to all and sundry, have a Very Very Merry Christmas and I wish you all the best for a happy and prosperous New Year. I hope that it all goes well.

The latter part of 2017 was spent in NZ with the winter. It really wasn't a bad winter and so with Diane having her knee replacement and both eye cataracts done in July/August, she is a new woman. This of course curtailed any travel overseas. So we spent time with grandkids, enjoying sport and other occasions, seeing friends and family around home, catching up with a few things around the house. A visit to Sydney to see the Festival of Vivid Lights. Down to Wanaka to see Viv and Charlie in their new house. A number of times to Taupo and of course Hawkes Bay. Some fishing involved, a week in Turangi with Jeremy and Warwick a great surprise get together arranged by Di for my 70th. This was made extremely special with Chris surprising me by arriving from Norway for a week. Of course, more fishing and some of it amazing, due to Jeremy flying us into the ranges to a river that doesn't see to many humans. Fantastic fishing.

And so with the year drawing to a close, thoughts start looking forward to the New Year. Di will have her other knee replaced in February so with a clean bill of health we hope to be able to do a few more things during 2018. We will be traveling to Bergen to spend time with Chris, Hege, Lilly and Stella and also up at the beautiful Voss area where Chris and Hege have bought an apartment on the ski slopes. We will be visiting England and spending time enjoying a few walks. We also are planning to do a cycle trip around the heel of Italy and also possibly in Portugal. Here's hoping that all goes to plan.

Enjoy the Festive Season. Pip/Rod


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

To This!To This!
To This!

I had a fantastic birthday.
The Only Way To Travel.The Only Way To Travel.
The Only Way To Travel.

Chris and Jeremy ready for a day on the river.
Loving It.Loving It.
Loving It.

Chris with one of many beautiful fish.
Jeremy.Jeremy.
Jeremy.

With one of many. What a great day.
A Great Way to Celebrate.A Great Way to Celebrate.
A Great Way to Celebrate.

Looking forward to the next few adventures.


23rd December 2017

And a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you!
Perhaps our paths will cross in Italy...I'm planning to walk the Via Francigena from Tuscany to Rome the second half of September.

Tot: 0.327s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 23; qc: 101; dbt: 0.09s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb