Smelly Rotorua


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Rotorua
February 11th 2016
Published: February 15th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday we said goodbye to the Coromandel and headed down to Rotorua. It was 30 degrees with blue skies travelling down, let's hope it stays that way for us... I like to think we deserve it ?? We stopped off at one of my favourite places Mount Monganui for a couple of hours. We walked along the promenade looking at the lovely seaview pads on the waterfront before settling down and sunbathing, yes sunbathing! (there is a first for everything) at the beach. After that we carried on down to Rotorua where we were greated by the sulphuric (rotten eggy) stench and spent the night at a lovely Top 10 holiday park. Next day we were up bright and early and visited Wai-o-Tapu national park at the 'Wai-o-Tapu Thermal Wonderland'. It was absolutely amazing walking amongst all the thermal activity. The various pools and geysers were absolutely stunning, like nothing we've ever seen before. The place stunk of sulphur (rotten eggs) but it only enhanced the experience alongside the smoke coming from the various pools and out of the ground etc. We spent a good two or so hours walking round the park taking in the volcanic activity and the various pools etc. It was a great experience! Volcanic paradise! We then carried on down to Taupo where we will be spending the next four days with my Aunty Sue and Uncle Robin who live there.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0199s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb