Rotorua to Waitomo


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Rotorua
April 14th 2010
Published: April 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

This is the day we have been dreading-we are due to return to the Agrodome- as it was bad the first time there is no way we will pay to watch again.

This leaves us with no option but to wait for those on the bus who want to watch.

The wait is made worse when the driver tells people they are able to watch the show and do the activities- instead of the either/ or option usually given.

We have a really annoying girl on the bus that is late back from every activity. Today is no exception - she waits for everyone to board the bus before deciding to do another activity (as if 2 hours has not been long enough).

The clipboards are passed around for the activities available in Waitomo, Rob and me sign up for the stay dry option of exploring Ruakuri Cave and also the world famous glowworm caves.

The Ruakuri Cave was interesting, we entered through a spiral walkway, then through caverns, narrow corridors and crystal tapestries and we also had a sneak preview of some glowworms. In the distance we could also hear the waterfalls.

We were able to visit the glowworm cave via a boat which gently glides through and everyone is asked to remain silent - amazing!

At 5pm our activities end and our next task is to find our hostel.

This is also a nice surprise however, no en-suite - we have become more like flash packers than back packers!

We opt for the BBQ put on by the pub down the road. We spend the evening chatting to our driver, Yana and Mel.

Me and Rob also chat about how ready to go home we are and how glad we will be to leave the kiwi bus experience and base hostels behind!

Once back in the room we play solitaire until we cannot keep our eyes open any longer.



Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0302s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb