Happy Birthday


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Rotorua
January 17th 2009
Published: January 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Ahhhhhhh "is that Lake Taupo" AhhhhhAhhhhhhh "is that Lake Taupo" AhhhhhAhhhhhhh "is that Lake Taupo" Ahhhhh

Rach before jumping out of a plane at 15000ft. Superb!
Well I am now 29 (honest), and undoing any good work of hanging on to my youth through adrenalin sports by wine tasting and early nights.

We have done so much it is hard to keep track. Queenstown was great, Jet boating and some good walks. Milford sound was full of waterfalls because the weather was so wet (as my soaked camera vouched for). We then drove to Wanaka, again a good walk however this time Rach and I managed to lose each other (as you do). Glaciers where good, unfortunately 2 lads died at Fox Glacier when we were there, crushed by ice. It's a dangerous game this traveling thing. From ice to hot spas at Hamner Springs (so relaxing).

My Birthday we went whale watching where we saw 2 Sperm Whales and a Humpback, not to mention a pod of over 400 Dolphins. A few to many drinks that night meant Rach was driving around the Marlborough Winerys (which meant I was drinking). We then stayed around Picton before heading north to Wellington.

Walked the Torangario Crossing yesterday, tough but well worth it (and Rach now has the blisters to prove it). Finally this morning I
Us at Mt DoomUs at Mt DoomUs at Mt Doom

A killer hike but well worth it.
persuaded her to go Sky Diving with me over Lake Taupo. I think she came off it better than I did (I felt so queezy), but we did it and are now glad to be back on solid ground.

Hope you are all ok. Good luck to all the Barclays crew, I hope it works out and keep in touch whatever (I may be needing to contact you in about 3 mths). Thanks for all the messages, Wend have a great time in St Lucia. Des, glad to hear you are thinking of Skiing again (just be careful of any button Lifts!). Vic and Al good luck!!! Gill hope your back is on the mend.

Keep smiling and talk soon




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Marlbrough SoundsMarlbrough Sounds
Marlbrough Sounds

Kayaking Marlbrough Sounds, a beautiful day.
Whale WatchingWhale Watching
Whale Watching

A Great birthday present, a Spern Whale diving.
Milford SoundMilford Sound
Milford Sound

Was one hell of a wet day, but the Sounds were stunning because of it.
Swimming With SealsSwimming With Seals
Swimming With Seals

They were bigger than expected!
Mmmm, Wine and CheeseMmmm, Wine and Cheese
Mmmm, Wine and Cheese

A nice lunch with a good Pinot Noir.


Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0452s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb