volcanic area,


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Rotorua
March 12th 2007
Published: March 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Moeraki bouldersMoeraki bouldersMoeraki boulders

big balls on the sand like crazy eggs from a prehistoric creature!
we spent the weekend with andy who were working before in london with nic.
we saw an amazing circus in the center of the city and end up in a japanese restaurant on thursday and slept on the beach, free camping is the best thing to do in wellington.
on friday we moved to Paekakariki, small village on the coast west.
we had an incredible sun set on the beach with view on the south island.
the night was long, drinking, playing music and tarot( french card game quite intersting)
after a day dragging ourself from one place to the other one in holly's house we went to a groovy party.
taking the road on sunday was a bit sad!
we thank a lot Andy, Holly and all her family for this really nice weekend.

we arrived yesterday around rotorua and spent the day in a camper site with thermal pools in waikite valley!
it is really nice to soak for hours in a mineral water naturaly hot.
did enjoyed the driving wich was much easier by this side than by napier.
nic was scared when i was driving in the mountain! don't know why!
it was about
Moeraki bouldersMoeraki bouldersMoeraki boulders

on the east coast up to oamaru.
4 hours driving from wellington.

today we start to look at all the volcanic attraction: mud pools, hot stream, geyser...
Rotorua is really touristic place. we wanted to try a hangi which is a traditional maori meal. the only way to share one is to participate to an evening with traditional dances and show of maoris. we decided we will try to cook one in england when we will be back!!!
we tried the zorb, big plastic ball fill with a bit of water, going down the hill with us inside!
obviously nic adore it i just get scared and didn't like it! fortunately we have done it together. Nic had a go alone he was really happy!

tonight we will move out of the place to a small campersite near green and blue lake.
i put some few pictures even if they are not recent they show things we have done.

bisous



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Moeraki bouldersMoeraki boulders
Moeraki boulders

it look like a big monster!!!!!!!
nice feetnice feet
nice feet

i have been eaten badly by sandflies! about 30 bites per feet! it's so itchy!
dunesdunes
dunes

on the north of the south island before bleinheim, a crazy desert view all around!
in the middle on the countryin the middle on the country
in the middle on the country

still south island after hanmer spring
fiordlandfiordland
fiordland

in milford sound, a bit of mangrove growing in the water


Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0511s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb